Multi column solutions for tailored for adsorbent
Meet our revolutionizing multi column solutions. Tailored for adsorbent users and developers. Ready to fast and accurately test your adsorbent performance.
- Fast adsorbent screening and reduced time to market through parallelization
- Fast selection of optimized process conditions by offering a wide window of test conditions and operational parameters
- Unrivalled reliable results by testing multiple samples simultaneously under identical test conditions
- Reduced experimental costs per sample due to small sample volume
- Ideal hydrodynamics by narrow reactors and single string loading
- Select the best adsorbent for your desired separation by adsorbent preparation, testing and matching
Our parallel testing systems provide accuracy by the total flow of a massflow controller, while the precision is the equal distribution between the columns to achieve a true parallel system. To ensure an equal pressure drop and to achieve a similar flow rate to each column channel, we make use of our proprietary high precision microfluidic flow distributor chips. Each microfluidic chip is tested in-house for a guaranteed flow distribution, with the precision between the channels guaranteed < 0.5%RSD. Pressure control within our systems is typically +/- 0.5% and with the Pressure Control System (RPC) 0.1%.
Identical test conditions
Unparalleled accuracy and repeatability
The key to success in small-scale parallel column systems is to be able to test adsorbents at exactly the same process conditions over multiple experiments, and to translate these into commercial values. The two crucial ingredients for succeeding with that approach are accuracy and repeatability.
Control over hydrodynamics in the gas phase can be achieved by loading granular adsorbents as a single string in tubes.
- Choosing a suitable space velocity allows us to test the adsorbent, loaded as a single string, on its performance free of hydrodynamic interference. The data that we gather is valuable information for optimizing for your process modelling.
- To study the hydrodynamic effects of the adsorbent bed packing, we are able to vary the bed length by loading different amounts of adsorbents and/or different sizes.